Selecting the components
As we said in the previous article we are working on the creation of the crowdfunding campaign. Things are not so easy because we have to organize ourselves and this action requires to set many things but, we are on it and we feel that it could be started soon. To better understand everything, the crowdfunding campaign will provide the required resources to design the motherboard and to produce five prototypes that will be tested and used by our developers to write drivers and adapt the OS.
In the meantime we have continued the conversations with the hardware producer and we are in the process of selecting the components to be used in the motherboard. After that, this company is going to start with the motherboard design. This means that we have created a work-group that includes our hardware specialists and our partner company.
We expect to have more detailed news in a few weeks.
We need you!
We are looking for people to participate mainly but not only in these areas:
- Crowd-funding: someone with experience on this kind of campaigns.
- Open hardware: a person to provide knowledge in this kind of projects.
- Notebook case and chassis: we need to contact a notebook case supplier.
- Spread the idea: we want to have more collaborators and news letter subscribers.
- Software work-group: PowerPC GNU/Linux applications optimization (test GNU/Linux application packages, give feedback or fix the errors), distro porting (U-boot, etc), push sources to mainstream branches and package maintenance.
We define ourselves as a Solidarity/Ethical/Passion driven community. We promote a Positive and Humane relationship between collaborators, and advocate giving people a choice to run GNU/Linux on different hardware platforms.
Join us and strengthen the PowerPC Notebook Team. Subscribe to the newsletter.