The PowerPC notebook project is made up of volunteers from all over the world, just like you, who are helping to make an open-source PowerPC laptop a reality.
Our goal is to build a laptop with PowerPC architecture, designed around GNU/Linux and Free Software (and open to other operating systems). One that won’t become quickly obsolete, by supporting upgrades to its video card, RAM, and hard disk or solid state disk.
If you’d like to join us, we would appreciate your help!
There are many ways to help out, including:
- Translation: Help with website localization and social sharing.
- Media production: Help with the production of video, animation, images, text or slogans.
- Spread the word: publish news in your blog/forum/social, manage our website seo, manage our official social accounts
- Software: Help us optimize & port PowerPC GNU/Linux applications, distributions (U-boot, etc), and other operating systems. Convert Wii/WiiU, PS3 and Xbox360 emulators, which use the same Power architecture.
- Hardware: Wish list and suggestions
- Crowd-funding: How to, study other experiences
- Group buying: How to, study other experiences
Our passion on innovation and for this project have already motivated a producer to start to design the motherboard of this PowerPC Notebook. Your participation make the difference to produce and design an ideal device.
Join and strengthen the PowerPC Notebook Team. Subscribe to the newsletter.