We are searching people that really like innovation for passion and want to realize this project.
This project is for anyone who wants to contribute with his action and participation, as well as with his own money, to build a laptop with PowerPC architecture, designed around GNU/Linux and Free Software (and open to other Operating Systems ) and that does not become quickly obsolete, which is upgradeable as Video card, RAM, and hard disk or solid state disk.
There are many forms of participation, including:
- translation: website localization and social sharing
- media production: video,animation, image, text, slogan
- spread idea: publish news in your blog/forum/social, manage our website seo, manage our official social accounts
- software work-group: PowerPC gnu/linux applications optimization (test gnu/linux application packages, give feedback or fix the errors), distro porting (U-boot, etc), push sources to mainstream branches. Other OS porting. Convert Wii/WiiU, PS3 and Xbox360 emulators to virtualize thanks to the PowerPC CPU.
- hardware work-group: wish list and suggestions
- crowd-funding: how to, study other experiences
- group buying: how to, study other experiences
Our passion on innovation and for this project have already motivated a producer to start to design the mobo of this PowerPC Notebook. Your participation make the difference to produce and design an ideal device.
Join and strengthen the PowerPC Notebook Team. Subscribe to the newsletter.