At LinuxDay in Milan this 25th October I (Roberto Innocenti) will present the project “Open Source Linux PowerPC notebook” and I want to join together passionate peoples that want a new open source PowerPC notebook.
In the presentation I will give some more details about the projects, my interest is to build up a small but vigorous community of enthusiasts.
Here some guide lines of this PowerPC notebook:
- Open (community involvement in development)
- Upgradeable (MXM video card, RAM, SDD / HDD, etc)
- Italian motherboard design (we hope to be produced and assembled in Italy)
- Power/powerpc architecture last generation (64-bit advanced AltiVec, multi tread)
- For gaming virtualization of Wii / WiiU, ps3, xbox360
- Virtualization macosx powerpc
- Power/powerpc gnu/linux server virtualization for professionals